Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paying for bad decisions

I am reaping the benefits of really bad decision-making! Boy, if I could start this day over I would. I know we are suppose to move on and move ahead and look at all things as learning experiences but this day was @#$% bad!!!!!

What am I talking about? So nice of you to ask. Last year I thought it would be good to have a lighter curriculum for the children for school; for remember we were in the process of moving and we did need to travel back and forth while the house was on the market. The curriculum was a very basic bare-bone minimalist approach towards schooling. Since we were moving around so much I did not get to supplement like I should have. Jumping ahead. Since the house sold (yay) I knew I was going to be going back to the k12 curriculum as I like their wonderfully intensive academically challenging approach.

Now to today - My children are up in arms when they have to do ALL the work that is on their schedule! They beg and bargain to alter what the requirements are. When I say no! They actually continue to argue and complain. I have announced today that I am no longer going to continue to homeschool my children. As of next year I do believe they will be heading back out into the trenches of a brick and mortar. Some of them are not too happy about this statement. But I truly am feeling very defeated. We are working every day until 5 pm and I am physically and emotionally exhausted.

I truly hate letting my children see this side of me. I don't want them to remember me as being a crass mom who yells at them all the time. I read this devotional every day on homeschooling and there are times that she is right on about the attitudes that happen in this household. And then the conviction comes of how we are not suppose to allow those attitudes affect our decisions. She cannot be serious!!!!! I have officially given my resignation papers to my children and thrown-in the towel. (Now my kids will remember me as having a defeatist attitude).

I only ask that you pray for me and my family as this year is unfolding. I see a lot of the world entering into our lives and I am at a loss! :(

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I am so sorry! I am just reading this blog now. And I can't call you since it is midnight! I am sorry you had such a bad day. I know the feeling. There is alot of talk about who is going back next year over here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately I will pray. I know you will follow what the Lord tells you to do for next year. That may be brick and mortar or it may be different curriculum choices or whatever. Being in the moment and frustrated is never a good place to be. I do hope things have gotten better and I will continue to pray for wisdom for you and your kiddos! God blesses all our efforts even if they don't feel good at the time. He knows your heart and how you want to affect your kids for him. The devil would love for you to say this whole thing is a failure. It is not! Don't listen! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, i know it stinks sometimes, but they all love you so much and me too!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures