Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Poolside in PA

What a beautifully hot hot day we had on Monday. So I decided to head over to our PA resort - aka my parents house! My mom is like me we love to be outdoors in the nice weather so years ago she had my dad add a swimming pool to their wonderful yard. The pool is getting old and in some spots (tiles and the bottom) you can see the wear and tear. But it is 20+ years!

We had a fabulous time spending the day with my niece Jaide - my mom watches her 3 days a week during the summer time. My aunt Dee - she goes in and out of the house as she cannot be in the sun too long due to medications she is taking. And of course my Mom - who loves to play with the kids in the pool. We got sooo carried away with a game that we completely lost an hour of time. We had to scramble out of the pool for Sarah, Jaide's Mom, was coming to pick her up. And I needed to get us home and cook dinner before Bill and I headed out for a little time together.

What a fun fun day! It really brought back memories of when our extended family would come down for a visit and we would play all sorts of games and such! I think we may need to plan another one of those times. I see a family reunion here on the horizon!

Here are some photos to capture the day! I did not take many as I myself was in the pool most of the time. You had sweat pouring off your back if you were out of water for any amount of time.

The girls set up this crazy contraption.
Stephen - he really is happy. The sun is just so bright.
Abigail and her stash.
Me mum
Us driving home. They were wiped out!

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT is the way to spend a hot day! Did you and Bill see houses that night?

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures