Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Beach

We went to the beach today!!! OH the excitement was high around here. My kids and I all love it very much. They love it all. I am not such a big fan of the water but I will persevere for my kiddos.

We had a bit of a late start. We were headed to Ocean City NJ to meet up with my in-laws. They and Kathy and Mike rented a quaint little place a block from the ocean. They invited us down for the day. We ended up staying for 8 hours. It is a 2 hour drive from here.

We finally arrived just before lunch. We ate some food first and then walked over to the beach. Thankfully they are so very close. Everyone pitched in with carrying some stuff and it made for an easier walk. My kids could not believe how hot the sand was. (And it was an overcast day)!

I was so impressed Josh and how much he ventured out into the water and how far. Abigail felt like an old pro. She was in pretty far. I was happy to see hoards of people in the water. I am very freakish about the shark thing. I know, I know I am a nut. But we were very close to the pier and often times that equals the perfect scenario for shark sightings. But all was well for the longest time there were 2 lifeguards in the water on a jet ski. Seeing that I was able to rest easier.

The water was very warm and surprisingly not too rough. The waves were very manageable and fun. Even little Julia (21 months old) was in the waves part and having a great time. Kathy and I was holding onto her and helping her jump the waves. Very very cute.

At this time I only have a few photos as my camera battery died just as we stepped into the ocean so I used my Mom-in-laws camera and she said she will send me the pictures. I will post those when they come in. But here goes what I was able to capture:

Walking to beach
My brother-in-law Mike
Kathy, Abs, Josh
The boardwalk
My father-in-law
The beach house porch
just walking the sidewalk

This last photo is of some delicious caramel popcorn. The family had some in the house and we could not resist stopping on our way out and buying us this big tub. I figured it would be a great treat for the ride home. What I need to tell you is the torrential rain storm that was occurring upon our departure that when I turned on the street for Stephen to jump out and buy said popcorn - he stepped into a puddle that was above his ankles. I pulled up and had to stop in the middle of the street for him to get out. He was gone some time and I could not figure it out so I go walking up the steps onto the boardwalk only to discover I pulled down the wrong street he had to walk one whole block back to get to the store. We were soaked by the time we got back to the car. Thankfully the shop gave us the bucket in a plastic bag so nothing got too wet. But this popcorn was soooooo worth it. It was just nice and warm and melted in your mouth. Yummy!!! It was worth the price!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome day! I hope to see the beach pictures. And that popcorn DOES look yummy! Send me some of that and I will send you some salsa! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time pleasssseeeeeee take me with ya! lol! And I am SOOOOOO totally droolin' over the popcorn! I like my mom's idea! :) Miss ya guys!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures