Monday, July 27, 2009

Time with my Eldest

Monday was very quiet and somewhat boring around here for the kids. At least during the day. They spent a lot of it at our neighbors home. I was waiting on the Rainbow Play systems people to come and place our set into our last POD. Plus waiting on Erin (Dee Dee's sister) to come by and pick up some of the items we were getting rid of.

She and I were very funny loading up her car. Good thing one of us knew what we were doing (not Me) or I think we would still be standing there. There is but one piece left and we will make arrangements later in the week about that.

Then off to the Stampers for more time together. Trying to get in all the time possible as we know it will be a while before we are able to come back for a visit. Boo Hoo!!!

Just after dinner Abs and Josh attended the NBC (neighborhood bible club) at Heather's house. ((For those of you not familiar with an NBC - basically they take the place of a VBS (vacation bible school) the church likes to have different neighborhoods from the congregants be reached through the kids. It allows for more people to be invited and hopefully accept Jesus. Our kids have participated in the past but really prefer a VBS. Last year we were able to do either do to our timing between NJ and OH. So imagine their surprise and joy when they could attend something this year.)) Since they were to be gone for about 2 hours I thought I would use the time to "hang" with Stephen. It is a rare moment lately that he and I are alone. So off to Chipotle for dinner (We love love love that place and there is NOT one near us in NJ - about an hour away) as the young ones do not like to eat their food.

He even came into the Kroger with me and helped me pick up some odds and ends. The NBC is also taking donations for a local food pantry. He called me scatterbrain as I was forgetting the few items we needed to buy. He kept me in check. We walked the entire store several times as I am not familiar with the new layout.

Afterwards we decided to go on a walk together. It truly was some great time for just the two of us. Talking and listening to each other was awesome. (No you can't know!)

Abs and Josh had a great time at the bible club and are eager to be going back for the rest of the time we are here. They are crafting, singing, and playing all in the name of our Lord. So very very cool! : )

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you and Stephen had some alone time, that is so important to have with each child.

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures