Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Come on over!

So here we are at Wednesday already.  Knew this week would go by super fast but light speed?!  I was being the nice Mom and allowed the children to take the day off from doing any type of schooling.  They were in their glory.  You see Stephen slept at Ryan's and Abigail did not come out of her slumber until 9:30 am.   We had errands to run (had to take them since babysitter not home) and then off to pick up Ste.  So easiest solution - no work.  Yea!!!!!  

I knew they were going to try and talk me into eating lunch out.  I did not want to as we are really trying to watch our spending.  (I know - who isn't?)  So before we left I made up the sloppy joes and put them in the fridge to be heated upon arrival home after said errands.    Well sure enough, I was getting all the looks and suggestions in the car when we passed Arby's and they had some free gimmick.  But you other Mom's will be sooooo proud of me.  I did not give in.  

Carla called a few hours later to say she was picking up two of my kids to hang at her place until baseball.  Abs was not one of them as she was waiting upon Meghan's arrival home from school.  So when I went off to pick up Stephen and Joshua she got to stay with Meg.  Then the older boys worked it so Stephen could sleep over at the Stampers.  

Came back home with both boys.  Stephen needed to pack and take a shower (stinky).  Abigail was still playing with Meghan and the group had grown.  Now with Joshua back there was 7 kids.  After all my kids ate, the young ones headed right back to Meghan's.  Well within 2 minutes I received the "get your butt down here" call and have some wine with me.  Suzanne (mother to Meghan) needed something after having 7 kids in her yard for several hours.  So we had a little impromptu happy hour.  

Had to leave to bring eldest to Carla's for sleep over.  But Suzanne made sure I was coming back.  Well as usual we said we would end at 9:00 pm (she has kids that go out to school) we did not depart her home until 9:35 pm.   Glad that Thursday is a field trip for Meghan.  Oh yeah, and her birthday!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Busy day and thanks for the earring ideas, you ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures