Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Surprise at the Park

My sneaky friends.  We were meeting at the park this afternoon for some lunch and fun.  Well when I arrived they had some cute decorations and such for an early birthday celebration for me.  (Wait I just found out my favorite 6th grade girls decided to plan this for me.)


A frog that Abigail and Kyle caught.  He now lives in 
our pond!!!


Dee Dee found this man playing at the park and
asked him to come and play happy birthday for me.
Burt was funny.  He tried several times to play but
was getting messed up by the singing.  He only just
started playing about a year ago.  He was an interesting
part of this day.  Not what I went to the park for but 
definitely will not be forgotten.
My daughter loving the dessert.

Best Buddies
Older kids hanging out by the river.



Favorite Tree at park.
Happy Birthday Me!
Enjoying some watermelon at our house.
It was another great day that felt so much like old times!!!  8 hours of together time was just not enough.  How can that be?!  Lots of chattin, eatin, talkin, and laughin done by all who participated.   My thanks for a great day especially as it was to celebrate my birthday!!  

My eldest got to sleep over Ryan's house and I fear the repercussions tomorrow.  He was eager to get there but just as eager to spend time with the friends we were with.  Oh, he was torn.  He commented yet again about why we had to move.  As I stated in a previous blog my kids shine here.  I tell them that NJ will bring good into our lives too.  It will just take a little time.  

BTW - Carla had forgotten her memory card for her camera, so she decided to use mine.  She took most of the pictures you see above.  I only shot a handful!!

3 comments:

  1. That was fun-as-can-be! Happy Birthday Mrs. Shea, you deserve only surprise birthdays and the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WAS a good day! I do miss you, my dear friend, when you are away. But.....it makes me treasure our time together when we get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we didn't have to leave so early!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures