Saturday, April 25, 2009

Mini Golf with family!

OOOOOOh!  What a beautiful day!!!  I know we have all been looking forward to a day like this for some time now.   We had a very leisurely morning.  And then went off to Arby's.  The children love this place.  I must say I was not too pleased with the location near our home.   It took a very very long time to get chicken tenders (that's the other thing - no popcorn chicken?!?!).  And no free refills on drinks.  Whaaaat?  You charge me close to $2 for a 16 oz. cup and I can't even get a refill for that.  Yeah, I don't think I'll be going back any time soon.
  
After lunch it was over to Grandma and Pop pop's to meet with Kevin, Allison, and Jaide to go and play some miniature golf.  This place has it all.  Mini golf - 2 courses, batting cages, and cart racing.  It was very cool.  We were all excited.  Well in our excitement, we neglected some key points - like making sure we had water and some snacks.  The place was mobbed and it was very sunny.  It did help that there was lots of shade.  But our bellies were feeling the sting of hunger!  I don't recommend this for the future.  The other thing is it takes 7 people a long time to get through mini golf!  I don't think the groups behind us were too happy.  We caught on about 1/2 way through and let those that were finished go on to the next whole.  It did start going much faster.  I think it also helped that Allison had her pocketbook and was able to locate some sugary things for the kids to help with their hurting bellies!  Ahhhhh! the joys of sugar.

Here is the group ready to begin!
 This is whole number 1!

 Cool hole!
Waiting and beginning to be hungry!
Abi and Allie
There was a hole that you played that was on the inside of a 
fake mountain.
Which is where Kevin got the hole-in-one.  
Our only one of the day!
So hole number 18 was looking great by the time we arrived.  It had this slide you go down after you hit the ball.  Well only kids up to age 12 were allowed.  I was thinking about it as my 12 year old is bigger than I but changed my mind when I realized I needed to carry down my club and 3 others too.  We were so tired at this point I don't even think anybody putted into the whole.  We were officially finished.  So we returned our balls and clubs then into the snack joint to get some ICEE and a pretzel.  

It was back to my parents house after the much needed snack.  If I remember it took us over 2 hours to get through.  It was truly a fun time.  But back at Grandma's was more fun.  This is a picture of Devon, she is my brother Jason's girlfriends daughter.  She really took a liking to Stephen and he was able to have her mimic him.  It was very cute!
The girls playing outside with Chocolate.  He was not staying
still for a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day! Our last trip to Arby's was bad also, I have swore it off. We are loving the weather too!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures