Friday, April 24, 2009

Testing the day away!

I decided to give the kids a little break from normal school to go through some assessments for the possibility of next year's curriculum.   Well let me just say that I totally forgot that when you pass one assessment they give you another and another and so on.  Well after 3 math tests Joshua asked to take a break.  Then it was back to work on two Language Arts test and then a break.  So we are not going back until next week some time.  I am not too sure when but I would like this completed prior to a homeschooling conference that is the end of May.  Stephen was about to take his 4th Math assessment too and then asked for a break.  He completed two parts in LA too.  My Abs is all done with Math.  Not her best subject, rather surprised with the results.  I can't wait to talk to an advisor about that.   Well there were still some tests for "regular" school that needed to be completed.  I was shocked at how quick the day went.   In the midst of all of this we had Bill working from home as he was leaving for a Men's Retreat by 1:30p.  It did put a damper on the assessment as we needed to print some items and he is in the room where the printer is.   Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!   
Abigail was itching to go for a walk so she could find some bugs for her new bug kit that she got at the dollar store over the weekend.   Surprisingly she was a little apprehensive when we came upon a web of little caterpillars.   Shocking, I know!  So I did the work.  I must admit I was very aware of where the others were and making sure my head was no where near the branches.   I did not have my camera with me but I did take some photos using my cell phone.

This was the largest nest.
This is a second nest in the same tree.
Here is Abs trying to place caterpillar inside container.  
The evening was completed with Stephen attending a youth group movie night to see Monsters vs. Aliens at the IMAX.  A bit pricey but it is more fun.  Unfortunately only 5 kids showed up.  And only 1 other boy.  He still had fun though!  Thanks, Barb!!

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures