Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bill is home so it's family movie time!

As per usual our Sundays begin with church.  This was my last week to teach for this month.   
And today in children's church we had a "field trip."   We walked over to the 5th-7th grade class and the 2nd-4th graders were presenting a bible verse, wave-style.  It was fun and a great way for the kids to get familiar with sharing bible verses and talking to others about Christ and the Bible.  
Abigail was gone from us most of the afternoon.  She left church with Rachel and family and then went off to a laser tag birthday party.  We did not get to see her until 5:15p.  She had a wonderful time.  I must say, I missed her.  She is the one that I "struggle" with on a daily basis, yet I was truly missing her.  Crazy, huh?!
While the boys and I were driving home from church, Bill called and asked if we wanted to go to lunch somewhere as he was very close to the church and picking up his car.  He had a good time at the retreat but you always seem to come back more tired from these things.  So for lunch, I came up with PF Changs.  And at 1:30p we were sitting down eating some chicken lettuce wraps (I love chose!).  It felt like a long lunch, not quite sure why.  All went well but we did eat a lot.  Two appetizers and 3 meals between us!   (Well we did have some leftovers).

Since Adam (Rachel's dad.  Who was also at retreat with Bill.  They even shared the same room.) was in the area  and he had Gabriel with him, they came over for about an hour during aforementioned birthday party.  Josh and Gabriel played some Wii sports and such.  The hour went very very fast.  Abigail had a great time and was thinking of having this type of birthday party.  I'm thinking NO!!  While I like the idea of not doing anything, they do it all, I am not happy with the price tag!  OUCH!!
Dinner was easy, Pizza!  Very little clean up for me and certainly no cooking.  After dinner, Bill and I took our walk together.  Then we came home to do our family movie time.  We bought Bedtime Stories.  Once we were able to figure out the Apple TV all went well.  We really enjoyed the movie.  Then it was off to bed for the little ones, with the big one watching an item on ebay.  Finally came time to put him to bed and all was quiet!!!
Great Day!!
Abigail and Joshua waiting for movie to begin!
Bill and I sitting together.
Here's Stephen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures