Monday, July 26, 2010

Time with Friends

Joshua loves Sunday!  He loves church and loves seeing is friends.  One of the other things he loves to do is set up some play time with his buddies.  Well he had heard that they were getting together and decided not to ask since the host family was having a lot of kids.   So he left church with me after first service.  Then after second service, I get a call from Bill saying that Abi was invited to the same house to play with the girls there.  I was concerned because I knew Josh would be crushed.  But I allowed Abi as she was going to be going to Route 56 for dinner and fellowship. (More on that later.)  About 5 minutes after Bill called I get a text from the host Mom saying I could drop Josh off and she would meet me after Route 56 for the exchange.  

So we jumped in the car and headed over.  He was sooooo excited.  When I got there I got to chattin and about an hour later Abi says, "You're still here?"  I left then and a storm moved in.  All went well though.

Route 56 - Our church has a youth group type thing for 5th and 6th graders where they meet once a month.  This was Abi's first time as they invited the newcomers to come and hang out.  The hosts have a pool!  She had a fabulous time.  I am not so sure it was due to the fact that they were talking about bible stuff, I think it was due to all the friends plus feeling like a big girl.

1 comment:

  1. Our kids are all growing up waaaay to fast! To think of Abi heading off to youth group, can we freeze time?

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures