Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Books are Fun!

Okay truth be told I am stealing this idea from another friend's blog.  (Thanks, Carla!)

Bill and I love to read.  There have been times when I have had two books going at the same time.  Of late though, I have been a little lazy.  I am not sure why.  It might be because we are not finishing school until 4 pm or later.  It could also have something to do with all the driving I am currently doing for sports.  Or it could just be that I need a little break.   But suffice it to say that our home is loaded with books.  Living in the apartment has proven quite difficult for my love of books as most of them are stored away in a POD somewhere in NJ.  And the ones we do have with us are scattered all over the apartment.  Check out the photos:

These books are on a shelf in my room.
These books are in the living room area in plastic tubs
underneath and behind the side table by the sofa.
These are in the boys' room on a shelf.
Here is what the most current read is:   The
Percy Jackson series.  Stephen just finished 
and now Abigail is reading it.  I have started
too but have been unable to finish book 1.

I cringe when my children say they are bored.  There is a new world in each and every book just waiting to invite you in, all you need to do is pick up one and start your new journey.   Now you know what we are reading.  What about you?  What are you currently reading?  or about to start? or perhaps just finished?  Would love to hear from you.  (Because I am always looking for something new to read!)

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, mmmmhmmmm, etc. All stuff I say while reading. Wonderful books are well wonderful!!! I've just finished Percy Jackson as well as this other awesome series called: Maximum Ride. It's sooooo cool!!! I highly recommend it!! (Ha ha highly, you'll get it in the first book.)


    The reasons why I LOVE those books:
    1. Awesome characters
    2. Talks in later books about going green
    3. The main character saves the world... sort-of.
    4. Chapters are so short so you feel like you've read a lot when you're on chapter 150 but really on page 175.
    5. I can almost connect with the characters.
    6. I'm on 'The edge of my seat' while reading it's such a good book!
    7. Not to hard to handle, (like not SUPER scary or something like that.) but enough that I like it.
    8. makes me feel like I'm watching a movie, not reading a book.
    9. Just really FUN!!!!

    If THAT'S not enough I just finished another book (gosh it sure sounds like I read a lot!! But this has been over like two months or so. Waitin' at the Library, Etc.) called *The Outlandish Adventures Of Liberty Aimes*. I liked it but not as much as P.J. or M.R.

    if you haven't noticed yet... I really like books!!

    P.S. Reading can improve and change how you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it shows what a great teacher they have (wink! wink!). I just finished a couple of GREAT books. Sarah's Key and The Help. They both were fabulous! Sarah's Key was sad, but worth it.

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures