Monday, September 14, 2009

Out the door for Art!

I enrolled Joshua and Abigail in two different art classes. One called Explorers for Joshua. I did this in hopes of boosting his confidence in art and social settings. Just the other day he called himself "very shy". Abigail is in the class called art concepts. I think she will thoroughly enjoy this art class. Today they were sketching cakes and then got to have a piece! Anyway, I got that nudge last night that told me I should make the lunches (the classes are at 11 and 12:40) and pack up the snacks and drinks. I told myself that I had time in the morning to accomplish that. HAHAHAHAHAHA! I did have time but I also did not get any school work together for them to each do while the other was in class. Boy did that 2 hours go by soooooo quickly in the morning. I also need to make sure Stephen is set up with work as he stays behind at home. Note to self for next week - PLAN BETTER!!! It was a beautiful day outside and we enjoyed all that we could. I schooled Abigail outside she did great considering my little outdoor lover was highly distracted. I was sooo proud of all that she did to accomplish her school work today! Joshua's class is first and then we break for lunch then Abigail goes inside to work. There were soooooo many children running around outside playing, like 15, that I was so proud of Joshua sitting down and finishing his math!!! Oh the wonders and joys of having children actually work when we need them too. They even came home after 2 pm and finished what they had left. Abs was done by 4 pm and then had to do her piano homework. Again, one proud momma over here!!!! And Stephen even did all the work he was left with!!! Oh happy homeschooling day!!!

I promise to have my camera with me and take loads of photos next week. We are enrolled for the entire school year!!! So lots of pictures can still be had. I also never know how other families react when you are taking pictures of the kids.

Did you catch the time we arrived back home not until after 2 pm. And that is only 1 class we are enrolled for! I can't believe how much goes on for just one class, my heart goes out to all those that are out ALL day long! Whew!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun, but very busy day! I can't wait to see pictures of art projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day. Oh to have fun and accomplish school work - it's like a little bit of heaven right here on earth!
    Thanks for braggin on your kids a bit! It's so good to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! you have every dang right in the world to proud and i'm with ya! ;) joshua will be the next einstein, or picasso, or neil armstrong, something like that! and abigail will probably be like leonardo da vinci, interested in everything and great at it! and stephen, well, he'll just be awesome!
    miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures