Saturday, August 15, 2009

More House Hunting

Saturday morning brought us out and about again looking at some houses. We began early and finished early considering the last house we could not get in. Let me back up - We started at a house that was for sale by owner. So they had to be there. I am not a fan of the people being home as they want to "sell" their home. It was a lovely home but did not have all the right space for our size family. The lot was little bit small too. Mostly side yard. The second house was great but it was on a busy cut-through street and I can see some danger down the road with my daughter. Since she loves being outside, I know she will be involved in some unfortunate accident. DON'T want that to happen so it comes off the list. But let me just say it had ALL and MORE of what we were looking for. The current owners are homeschoolers themselves so the already have space dedicated to a classroom. See what I mean!!! :). The 3rd house was a no-go from the get-go. We arrived a tad bit early and the man was very nasty stating that we would have to "wait a bit". We walked the outside of the property and we were not at all impressed with the curb appeal. Lots of overgrown weeds and an area of the yard was just pooling with water. I mean it was saturated and although we did recently have rain it should have dried up by now. So that made 2 negatives. Here is the 3rd and final - while we were walking around our realtor went over to talk to the owner stating that he has been having trouble using his electronic lock thing to get into a house and the guy said well that's your problem. So needless to say we never made it in and we have NO desire to head back. I'm thinking the guy really doesn't want to sell. Besides, can you imagine the nightmare it would be to finalize a contract with that yahoo. NO Thanks!!! I was a bit bummed that we were all over the place and had no luck as Rick (realtor) said he picked the best in the crop. Uh Oh! But Bill and I have decided to get some homes together this weekend and have him set up appointments for one night this week. I think sticking in the same town will give us a better feel for what is available to us. In all fairness to Rick, we were extremely busy this week and unable to devote the necessary time to looking at the houses we wanted to see. After today I am definitely being involved. LOL!

2 comments:

2023 in Pictures