Saturday, August 15, 2009

A different beach


The wonderful thing about where we live is the access we have to many different fun exciting interesting places this area does offer. And let me just say how we have been really enjoying the beach aspect. As you saw from our last beach post, we had such a good time.

So today we had the opportunity to head due east and meet some friends at the beach. It was a lot closer trip then on Wednesday. Now the funny thing is that I did not look at any directions prior to our leaving because from all the talk I heard about the location of this beach I figured you just drive until you hit it. Needless to say I was wrong. Thankfully the van has a gps and my phone has a gps as well. So with Stephen as my navigator we were able to get where we needed to be. I am also glad we left a little earlier as that helped us arrive right on time. We were parking and unloading within minutes of our friends arrival. I was concerned that my time would not be pleasant as upon arrival for loading I apparently parked wrong for unloading and a lady went all NJ on me. I acted very innocent. ;) Then waiting in line for bathroom brought out another girl making sure I was not trying to sneak in the "back way". In all honesty - I have never been down there before and there were two openings for the bathroom. Usually with two doors they will tell you which is the exit and entrance so those things don't happen. Anyway I digress. The point I am trying to make was all that occurred prior to me even stepping foot onto the sand. I was very worried that all would go downhill. But I was wrong.

After bathroom and beach tag purchases we were able to walk onto the beach. Yay!!! We wanted to get pretty close to the water so we could sit and watch the children. All went very well. Within 2 minutes of us dropping our stuff all the children were in the water. The waves were rougher than the other day and Josh was not too happy but he persevered and even though he got knocked down and had mouthfuls of salt water he stayed in there. He was the one who did take the most breaks but he kept going back. Abigail only came out to each lunch and play on the playground for a bit but went right back in. She did not want to leave at 4:00. Stephen was wiped out. The beach from the other day the late night the night before and how rough these waves were exhausted him that he slept on the way home. He was going off to youth group after dinner and he was not very excited to be going but go he did. And yes he had a good time.

Once again I messed up with the camera situation. I had charged the battery and was all set to go when we reached the beach that I realized I left my camera in the car. UGH!!!! So the pictures are from my phone's camera. They are not so good but they give you a glimpse of our time at Belmar Beach!

Josh in the ocean!

Me and Abs.
That is the crew we were with. Stephen is the tall
one out there and Josh is standing next to him.
Robin is in the foreground with Hope. And Luke
and Abigail are right in front of Josh and Stephen.
Jake was the only one missing from the shot.
Crowded!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures