Thursday, August 27, 2009

Abigail's say on a house!

Abigail has been itching to go house hunting with us. So when our realtor called and asked me to see a home in just two hours, I figured this would be the perfect time to bring her along. I gave her the speech about other people's homes and not touching their stuff and also to minimize her comments as to not offend.

This home was perfect to bring her to. It was tiny - just 3 bedrooms with 7 1/2 foot ceilings upstairs. The 80 year old home was charming but waaaaaaay to small for our family of five. The previous owners have done a fabulous job at keeping the character of this home. And if I had only 1 child, I would have wanted this place!

Upon leaving Abigail too thought it was too small for us. The yard was no more than .15 acres. It was only 12 feet from the road - no sidewalks, basement smelled like cat and was no bigger than 10 x 10. (Bill would hit his head every time he went down the steps.)

It satisfied my daughter's longing to see a home with us! She had some good insights. She may come again soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, we are back! I bet that made Abigail feel so special to just be with you and Bill. I will keep praying the right house comes along soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great that you could share the house hunting with Abi. I know she is quite the curious sort and opinionated too :) I bet she loved the opportunity.
    Definately keeping this on my prayer list!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures