Friday, July 24, 2009

Much needed respite

Friday was a day filled with different things. We began the day having to go to the title company to sign the documents as we will not be here for closing. Then back home to do some more loading. (yes most of the days have spent doing much the same thing! Can someone say autopilot).

Thankfully DeeDee came and took the kids for the day. They went on a field trip and got to play some disc golf. They enjoyed themselves and arrived back home just before dinner time.

While they were having fun we were moving and shaking. Four adults can do A LOT. We had to run a few trips to Lowe's as we misjudged some items of necessity and ran out of other items. In the last few days we have visited that store about 4 times.

Took a much needed break for some lunch from Culver's. We really needed the energy. The other days we were "picking" for lunch but I was not having that today. I was starving for a burger!! (There are better out there but time was against us. So we had to settle!)

More loading of furniture. We do have some BIG HEAVY pieces. I think our arms will be falling off some time this week. Our backs are strapped up for support and I don't think we want to take off the support as we might just fall over!

The children arrived home just as we were getting ready for our evening dinner plans with our good friends Natalie and John. Bill and John used to work together and Natalie and I have done all sorts of things together. We met up in Easton at Abuelo's! Love Mexican food. As they were late we headed over to the bar for some much needed cocktails. I a sangria, Bill a margarita!! I was very happy with my choice and had a chance to taste Bill's platinum margarita. Let me just say that too was very good! We were concerned that we would need to call my Dad and brother to come drive us home!

John and Nat came separately as John lost track of time at work. We ate a delicious meal and sat around and chatted. Afterwards we went over to the Apple store. We are Apple addicts! But I wanted to be a force for Natalie as we were persuading John to buy her an iPhone. I think he was going to do it without our push but I wanted to be supportive for a friend!

Bill could not leave Easton without some ice cream from Graeter's. We all enjoyed some!! Yummy!!!

We did not get back home until 10:30 pm. Joshua was fast asleep and Abigail was just getting to bed. Stephen stayed awake for about another 45 minutes. (Boy is it a good thing we homeschool as these hours are very typical for us!!)

My bed has never felt soooooo good!

Enjoying ourselves with Natalie and John.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures