Friday, July 31, 2009

Happy Hour Ladies

Suzanne, Heather, and I would faithfully have happy hour on Fridays at 4 ish. We would rotate who was hosting and we would have some beverages (of the alcoholic kind) and appetizers.

All the kids would get together too and play all different sorts of games. We put out some appetizers for them as well. There were 8 kids.

Truly happy times. I will have such wonderful memories.

Heather, Suzanne, and me

So today we went out to lunch at the Northstar Cafe. Love love love this place. I know I have blogged before about their veggie burger. But it is sooooooo very delicious. I actually crave this burger. And if you remember about me - I love meat. I really do! Anyway, we had a great time.

Then it was off to my house to clean it out and prepare it for the walk-through. I had stuff still in bedrooms, closets, and cabinets. Now it was not as bad as it sounds. The bedrooms were sleeping bags. The closets had clothing. And the cabinets were already to go with boxes inside them.

We cleaned and stuffed everything into the laundry room so the rest of the place looked amazing. Let me just say I would not have gotten it all done. Boy was I way off on estimating time and stuff. We had all of Suzanne's family, me and my kids, and Heather and her girls. We were all moving and cleaning.

We also had to take a king bed and a sofa over to Suzanne's as she is now the happy owner of those two items. I think that is what made the time so crazy. It was like moving day all over. I shiver just rethinking it.

All was clear. I head over to Carla's for one last bit of time together. This is when they were suppose to walk through but they changed it to 6:30 PM and did not show up until 8:00 PM. I was not happy as we were going to load the van so Friday morning would not be sooo crazy. Suzanne was and is amazing she kept calming me down and assuring me that all would be fine. You know what? She was right.

Suzanne and I packed up the van. Then laughed at all that was left behind. Oh well! Looks like we need to go back for another load.

We actually slept at Suzanne's as we no longer had our sleeping stuff. It all went very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures