Friday, June 26, 2009

Lets head to Hollywood (again)!

Yes, since my family loves Hollywood Studios we went back.   A big part was due to the fact that we had a very sad Joshua the other day when we could not get into his show.   So, today we tried and succeeded.  We also tried for the Toy Story Mania ride and we were successful there too!   (We waited in line for over 90 minutes.  I have never waited that long for any ride anywhere.)  However, we did not count on the DOWN pour that got us soaked to the bone upon arrival.  I mean we were barely inside the park when the sky opened up.  There was no warning.  Love the Florida weather.   The worrisome part came though because they will close the Lights, Motors, Action show due to wet roads.   I mean it is an extreme stunt show!! 

Since we did not have to be at the park for opening we went to Bob Evans.  It has been awhile since we visited one - they are not that available in NJ.   We really enjoyed the breakfast.  Funny enough we made it into the park 30 minutes earlier than the other days.  Go figure!  

We had an extremely happy boy after the show!!  He was the happy, smiley boy we all know and love.   

We went to eat at one of the counter-service places as we still had some money left on our rewards card.  We needed to use it or we lose it.   Can't have that.  The only trouble was that the food was mediocre at best.  The nicest part was that we did get indoor seating and we were able to kick back and relax some.  Still having some money left on said card we headed to the stores.  Found some fun mugs.  (Just in case you don't know - I am a mug aholic.  I always like to get one from wherever I am.)  Well luck would have it that the Pixar Parade was starting just as we were checking out.   Very cool!!!  Lot's of fun.  

After that we came back to start packing up.  We did take some time to get over to the community pool here as I thought that would be nicer than the pool here.  While the pool here was great to have and I know we would have used more if there was less rain, I know how much my kids are like "fish" when it comes to swimming so off to the pool.   

Before we knew it it was time for dinner.  Bill checked online and thought it would be fun to go over to Florida Mall.   He just forgot to really check how far away it was.    35 minutes away.  Not too bad and I know we are on vacation, but I still had wash and packing to complete.  Plus, I am not a mall person so going to one is not that appealing to me.  It was very interesting to see "normal" life in Orlando area.  You see it is not like Disney.   

Funny statement from Bill this week - "I don't have a Disney body."   He is referring to all the aches and pains we feel at the end of the day.   Where you ask?  arms, legs, feet, back, neck, etc... you get the picture.   We are definitely getting old for this.   Did we have a good time?!  You bet!!  I would not suggest this time of year for new comers though.  It is veeeeeerrrry crowded and hot.  People are trying to fit in everything and they are not so nice about it.   I noticed that the cast members aren't as effective or good as they used to be.   They ignore A LOT and allow a lot more than in the past.   My theory is that the shear numbers make it impossible for them to really monitor it.  Some do try but when the people just ignore and blow right pass them, I don't think they know what to do.   I was all up for some complaining (remember I do that well) as we were leaving but got sidetracked.   I guess that is a good thing.  But I do believe I will write when I get home just because you do spend lots of money and they say it is the "happiest place on earth."
Breakfast at Bob Evans

Soaking wet!
Very very wet.  He is very unhappy here.
Toy Story Mania

Toy Story Mania ride.
Lights, Motors, Action.  Just look at Josh's face!

Parade
Dancing in the street.


Pool slide fun.
This rhino beetle was the size of my pointer finger
and as thick as two fingers.  It was very gross and cool.
A girl found it poolside and I asked if I could show
my family and then Abs needed a picture.
Joshua still learning.  He is so nervous!
At M&M World - Bill couldn't resist.
And yes I bought over a pound of m&m's.
Josh does have red m&m ears on.  

2 comments:

  1. I am glad the day turned out well with Joshua getting to get his rides crossed off his list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man does it sound fun! Busy and crowded but fun!
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures