Thursday, June 25, 2009

Animal Kingdom

Today was meant to be a light day and yet we still did not get home until after 9:00 pm.   We went over to Animal Kingdom and we had an agenda.    We knew we wanted to ride Expedition Everest, Kilamanjaro Safari, and  Kali River Rapids.  Plus see the newest show Finding Nemo the musical.   We were happily able to get to all of them and then some.  We made it over to Dino land where we got on to Dinosaur and did some dino digging at the playground.   We also had to walk around for Miss Abigail "nature girl" to see all the different animals.   

We were very very hungry at this point so we ventured out to Downtown Disney for some shopping (like to shop at World of Disney to get the discount via the Chase Visa) and dining.   We got there early enough that we were able to get right in to Planet Hollywood.  The kids had a great time at this restaurant, especially Stephen.  He really enjoyed the music videos and all the movie memorabilia.  I liked that it keeps them busy and happy while we are waiting.   The food was so-so.   I felt my chicken was a little dry.  And I also had some type of allergic reaction.   Can't figure out what though!  

After shopping we had to have some Ghiradelli ice cream.  Yummy!   I ordered a banana split and I probably will not do that again.  I am not a big fan of fruit in my ice cream.   The children and Bill enjoyed theirs as they all wore part of their choices all over their faces, arms, and hands.   And yes, I am including Bill in that comment!!

Here are some photos.  My camera battery had to be charged so I could only use the camera on my phone.   Not such good photos.  But a little glimpse into our day.


Finding Nemo Muscial

Watching the musical
In line for Kali River Rapids

Dinner at Planet Hollywood.

1 comment:

  1. I love Animal Kingdom, Disney can never had a "light" day. Wonder what the allergic reaction was all abot, weird?

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures