Saturday, May 16, 2009

Recital and such

Today was Abs' piano recital.  That girl was so nervous and excited all rolled into a cute adorable package.  My Mom was able to come and watch her perform.  That really made her day.   It takes about an hour and we got to hear 29 different students.  Some played two pieces.   Those that played two pieces created  their own compositions for a contest held earlier in the year.   It was a great time.  The boys were getting antsy at the end mostly due to hunger.  

Since it was all for Miss Abigail we went to eat at her favorite place - Ruby Tuesday's.  She was introduced to this restaurant last year via The Ball family.  Let me just say that she was giddy with excitement when we got there.  She loves loves loves the salad bar and boy did her plate show that.  It was stacked up like a volcano.   Not only does she get the salad bar but also the pasta marinara.  I think she smiled the entire time.  Her only disappointment came when Daddy said no to dessert.  Only to find out that he had other plans.  (DQ).

Then off to DQ for some yummy dessert.  I think both Abigail and I wore about as much as we ate.  For some strange reason my ice cream melted quicker than I was able to eat it.  Such a rarity.  We are ice cream consumers in this household, so it is shocking when there is a meltdown.  All except Abigail.  I believe I stated it before  - she is never able to sneak any food as she always ends up wearing it!!  Her pretty dress was dripped upon.  Thankfully it was after the recital.  

Stephen had another youth group outing this evening.  He was off to a scavenger hunt at Peddler's Village in Lahaska, PA.  (I know I mentioned this place before, I think it was on the other blog so I will digress again.  This town has a special place in my heart as Bill and I were engaged there on a cold snowy December night 14 years ago.  I also had my bridal shower at one of the restaurants there.  It really is a great place to walk around and eat and such.)    I tell you he has more of a social life than I do.   (I am very happy about this!)   He is usually the youngest boy that shows up for these functions but I am ever so grateful that he has made some good connections and has had these many opportunities with various outings.  I honestly don't believe he would have had the same experience if we stayed in Ohio.  

Speaking of Ohio we will be leaving here Sunday and having a quick visit until Friday!  We are excited about getting back even if it is only for a few short days!

On a separate note - you haven't seen any pictures because my pocket-size camera's battery died and I have not been able to locate my charger.  I am thinking I may have left it in Ohio from our last trip back.  So hopefully I can locate it.  Otherwise it is off to Best Buy for me to purchase another charger.  I am truly lost without it.  I do have another camera but it is big and bulky and not very convenient.   Prayerfully by Monday all will be well again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures