Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lots and Lots of shopping

This lady here just spent 4 hours on Friday at various malls shopping for clothing for my kids.  Let me just say that that was surprisingly not too bad.  If any of you don't know, I must tell you  that I don't like to shop!  Yes, I know that is an anomaly but it is true.  So imagine my surprise when I totaled up the hours yesterday and realized that it all went okay.   We began our outing looking for clothing for Stephen.  In the past few months he really has grown into young man sizes.   We spent hours doing that.  If I am doing this I make them try on the clothing so that I don't have to go back to the store and exchange.   

We then enjoyed some lunch in the food court.   The young ones hopped on the carousel.  Then a little more shopping.  After that it was home in the car.  We were on a time schedule as Abigail had her rehearsal for her recital.  

On the way home from piano class, Abigail and I stopped at Hoagie Haven for our dinner.  (We got 3 long subs for dinner.)  Yummy!!

Then it was out the door again for Stephen to his youth group.  It was on the way home from there that the young ones and I stopped at a different mall to shop for shoes for Abigail (we also looked for a dress for Uncle Mike and Rose's wedding - no find yet) and more summer shorts for Joshua.  

I think this year really marked a first for us.  Having to buy all 3 kids new clothing.  Abigail's clothes shopping was done online a few weeks ago.  I am definitely going to be in for a shock when the credit card bill arrives.  Yikes!!!

I do hope all the shopping is done.  I know we will still have to find wedding clothes for everyone and that can be more annoying than what we normally wear.  Those clothes just sit different and my kids are not used to being formal.  As I am a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal, I rarely think to buy them fancy clothing.  

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures