Monday, May 4, 2009

Doctor's Orders

I finally had my doctor's visit today.  I have been long suffering (on and off) from sinus/migraine problems.  With much coaxing from Bill I finally made a doctor's appointment that was this afternoon.  He is a great doctor.  I really like his methods and his approach to issues.  And I knew it was coming, but when he said, "Reduce caffeine consumption."  I was an unhappy girl.    I love my drinks and I have noticed that the amount of them have been increasing rather exponentially over here.  Now that the doctor said so, I must really decrease the intake.  The beauty is that he suggested to take it slow.  (I wonder how slow I can go?)  The kicker is that all the "issues" I am having could really be effected by the "c" word.   I am being diligent and am starting this today!   So far only one cup (16 oz.).  Which is very good as I normally would have had 3 of that size by now!   Time to start liking the decaf!   
One of the other things he asked was for me to keep a food journal over the next week.  It should be interesting to see if there is anything food-related that could be effecting the sinuses too!  I think not as I have greatly reduced my wheat and dairy intake.   I am eager to see what the results will be.  Over the next month, I will have several visits to the office for various different tests and such.  He is extremely thorough and will test above the norm.  I am a little apprehensive and enthusiastic at the same time.  

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures