Friday, April 17, 2009

Mac is bac(k)!

Yes, the iMac has returned home.  However, while I was out with Abs this afternoon the boys said they heard the dreaded noise.  I am still waiting to hear it myself.  Our new idea is to record the noise so when we bring it in they can hear what we always hear.  Let's hope that works.  Wait better yet, let's hope it doesn't make the noise anymore!!!!   We had to travel over to the mall to pick it up 30 minutes each way!  Hold on, let me back up my  day began with having to drop off Bill's car for maintenance, new tires, and a recall.   That appointment was for 8:30 am.  We did set up a rental as I knew it would take all day and I did not want to hang out there waiting.    When I returned home I had the kids get to work so that when we were leaving to go get the computer they would only have one or two things for the car ride.   It was very exciting being in a different car.  We used it all day!!   Here are some photos:




Remember how I mentioned that the mall has a carousel well the younger two desperately wanted to ride.  Here are some photos of that:
View of Carousel from parking lot.
Eager and excited Abigail
Equally as excited Joshua
Tried to capture the full scope of this double decker carousel.
I must admit it really is very cool.  The way it is situated in the window overlooking the outside.  Great idea.  The name of the mall is called Raceway Mall.  So it is only befitting to have a carousel.  The racetrack is down the road.    We ate lunch at the foodcourt and then walked around this mall for a little bit.  They have this cool store called Robot Galaxy.  Kinda like a build-a-bear but with Robots!!!  Picked up the computer and headed home as today is piano class for Abigail.  After class we picked up Bill's car and then decided to go to the little park here because we had another sunny day!!!   (A note about the park so you can all understand why I want to leave this complex sooner rather than later.  Okay so sitting there watching my kids and there were this group of boys that were playing some game where you hit a nerf football with a bat.  Okay so it goes that whoever catches ball can be the pitcher.  Two boys run, one clearly wins the other wrestles him to get the ball.  When 1st boy would not give up ball the second boy began punching him, yes, I said punching him!  Well the old boys will be boys thing wasn't working for me as he was punching him in THE FACE!!  I had seen enough,  Yup you guessed it I intervened and made boy number 2 apologize to boy number 1.  It was "unacceptable!!!"   And yes, I told that boy so!!!!)   Just a little glimpse into why I put such a short leash on my children here.    

On a separate note somehow Bill sprained his ankle!! I'll blog more on that later!

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures