Thursday, April 16, 2009

Build number two on a nice day.

What a gorgeous day this was.  The children did not get started until very late so I took the opportunity to use them and had them help me build the second book case we bought a few days, I mean weeks ago!    Finally!!!  It really helps the room look and feel bigger plus it gets things off the floor.  I am a stickler for things in their places.   So I am ecstatic that this is complete.  I spent the rest of the day going back and forth between the children working and organizing the new shelves!   I still have some paperwork to go through but all-in-all I am happy with my accomplishment!   I also was able to clean off the desk!!!  (I do this periodically but my hubby is a dumper and it get messy very very quickly.) 

This is Joshua separating the screws and such before we begin.
Now I get that the shelves don't look too tidy but it is a work in progress.   
I wish I took the before picture and then you would understand how
much better this really is.

Since the day was gorgeous I enacted the "you must walk and be outside" rule today!   Off they went and spent some time outdoors.  Joshua hurt his finger and then he was done.    Baby steps!  
Abigail explaining about a little brown dog that she
just got to pet by the name of Hershey!
Zipping on her scooter.
Josh giving it a spin.  (He had to stop due to NO helmet.)


Bill was able to arrive home earlier than usual so I said it was time for the family to walk, especially if they wanted any TV or xbox time.   (I am so sneaky.)  They complied and we all went for a walk.  We let the children go after our first section and we proceeded to walk through another section.   This accomplished two things, one - more walk time (I also walked earlier today 1.5 miles - Thanks to Dee Dee's encouragement! ;-) second - time alone with my hubby!  This was not as long because I was only wearing a sweatshirt and it gets cold when the sun starts to go down.  brrrrrrrrr!

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful for the sun to finally be out! Looks like you guys are too!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures