Sunday, April 19, 2009

Looking up

On Saturday I had the opportunity to attend a Women's conference at the church where I met my hubby, where we got married, and where our children were dedicated.  It was wonderful to sit in the sanctuary again.  I was all smiles looking upon the altar where so many of those events occurred.  Truly a blessing and a renewal from me.
You see earlier in the week a friend called to tell me about the day and a half (they began Friday night) conference.  And would I like to meet her there and attend.   I made sure all was okay in the household and answered, "Yes!"   I was unable to make the Friday night session as it did begin at 6:30p.  The theme was "Looking unto Jesus."  I gotta say it - been failing at that a little bit lately.   But with this renewed and refreshed spirit things are looking as wonderful and amazing as they always were and will always be with Jesus and me.   So my thanks to Eileen for thinking of me and for following through and inviting me.  While also there I had the opportunity to connect with many ladies that I used to fellowship with.   Truly a blessing!  I won't bore you with my renewed sense of purpose but please continue to pray for our family and that we will find contentment wherever we are!  I can honestly say I am looking up!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to go, and feel more at peace with the Lord. Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cool! Not boring!!!! I'll pray!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures