Monday, June 27, 2016

Truly Blessed

I know beyond a doubt that I am a blessed individual. I just have to look around and see that. The comfort of my home, the love of my hubby, the health of my children. All these add up to tremendous blessings. But then I find this:  

And my thoughts go to all different kinds of negative places.   Like - what am I a maid, how can a family of 5 plus 1 use this many dishes in less than 12 hours where 8 are spent sleeping?  Thoughts of how I can feel like I am only good for cleaning up after them or giving them money for gas and haircuts and the like. But then God reminds me that it is a blessing to have a sink full of dishes. That we have provisions enough for sustenance  (and then some).  That these dishes that are dirty put smiles on the faces of those who ate the dessert or enjoyed the smoothies or the hot beverages. 
So with a smile on my face as I clean up this mess, where many are sure to follow, I say a prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for all that He has bestowed upon me and mine. 
Today may you encounter the blessings in your life. 

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures