Saturday, March 5, 2011

Vacation Day 1

After all was said and done we left for Disney on Friday at 4:30.  With the van all packed and snacks and drink we departed.   The traffic was not too bad.  We did hit some congestion but nothing like I thought.  We were able to drive and make it all the way to Fayetteville NC.  We did need to rooms but luckily they were side by side.  TMI - Bill and I slept in a double bed for the first time in our lives. Cozy!  We woke up and ate the free breakfast and found out the other group going on vacation with us was just 30 minutes ahead of us.

With our 8:00 am departure we were heading south!!  The ride was again more congestion than I thought but nothing that prevented us from going a decent speed.  (I will not divulge said speed as to incriminate myself or Bill.)    But we did make it to the house at 5:00pm.  The remainder of our group was already at the house.  They too only just arrived.

I guess I should tell you who we are traveling with.  Us, Tom and Helene (Bill's parents), Mike and Rose (Bill's brother and wife),  Kathy, Mike, Julia and Rebecca (Bill's sister, husband and kids).  All together we number 13.

The last group arrived at about 6:00p.  Once we were all in the house, we made our plans as to how we were going to do the week.  The excitement was buzzing.  But do to the long trip, everyone was able to get to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read more and see pics!! Glad everyone is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures