Monday, December 20, 2010

Cookie Exchange

Last year my family had a cookie exchange that I was unable to attend as I was in Israel at the time.  So when the plans were made (last year, yes my family does plan ahead) for my Mom to host, I just knew I wanted to be involved.  Then when we got the house in the summer I just knew I wanted to host it.  Mind you I did make the decision prior to knowing about the birthday party.  Oh and I have never been part of an exchange until this year.  Boy making 7 dozen cookies was a lot.  Especially after hosting a party.  I also had to homeschool and get the house decorated.  Can't have a Christmas cookie exchange without Christmas decorations.  And I did not want my Dad's party to be decorated as Christmas.
We had a total of 17 people involved.  But we decided to make only half dozens so as not to have too much to bake.  Some of the ladies did not receive the message to do half dozens so they made the full number of cookies.  I also messed up the total count and a family walked away with only one set of cookies.  Felt bad about that one.  I did try to give my cookies away but they said no.  Needless to say we have lots of cookies.  My kids are really enjoying them (truth be told, I like them too much).
We also did an ornament exchange.  This is loads of fun.  We bring a wrapped ornament and based on a number picked out of a basket is when you get to go.  Now you can either open a package or steal from someone.  The fun comes from stealing and I have been involved in some where the ladies were too nice and stealing did not happen.  I take no prisoners.  When I want the ornament no puppy dog eyes will sway me!!!!  It went very well and we had a great time.  I do believe that most people were very happy with their new ornament.We also did an ornament exchange.  This is loads of fun.  We bring a wrapped ornament and based on a number picked out of a basket is when you get to go.  Now you can either open a package or steal from someone.  The fun comes from stealing and I have been involved in some where the ladies were too nice and stealing did not happen.  I take no prisoners.  When I want the ornament no puppy dog eyes will sway me!!!!  It went very well and we had a great time.  I do believe that most people were very happy with their new ornament.




1 comment:

2023 in Pictures