Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Terrible horrible no good...

If you are familiar with the Alexander books by Judith Viorst you will recognize the title of this post.  Needless to say by 9 o'clock I was having a not so good day.  Some of what contributed to that are:

1. Letter from school district not accepting my affidavit to home school.  (No health records attached.)
2. The doctors office doesn't have all my kids records.   (WHAT?!)
3. $50.00 fine due to turnpike ez-pass.
4. Kids are not putting school books away and taking forever to find them.
5. Kids do not like new curriculum.
6. House is a mess.  I mean a dirty mess.

I think that gives you a good idea why my day started sour.   It did get better when I asked to be covered in prayer.

However by 5:15 pm got the call from Doctors office that they don't have Abs' records.  Let me back track and explain the letter from school district.  I knew I did not have them when I sent in the notice to homeschool but figured it would be better to let them know my intent and not have a police officer at my door some time in September.   Upon receiving my note back in August, they did call and tell me about health records.  I called over to new Doctors office and they said give a bit.   Before I knew it weeks had gone by.  And then the letter arrived.  I called and spoke with the assistant in the office and she was ever so grateful that I did call as they were just discussing our case.  Oh boy!!  What does that mean?!   She said to call her when I know anything.  After the doctors office called I left her a message.    

May I just say that I miss New Jersey.   Homeschooling there was soooooo much easier!   PA and their crazy laws!!!  

1 comment:

  1. One pain the rear leads to another and another!! Until you have to just throw your hands up and say "here ya go Lord."

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures