Friday, May 7, 2010

Tears

Lots and lots of tears today.  It all began in the morning with Joshua.  Not quite sure what was up with him as he said he wasn't even too sure.  I do know he is not happy with his reading assignment.  I also noticed that his eyes were having some type of allergic reaction.  So after a dose of Benadryl and some rest, he was ready to get back to (some) school work. 
Since he is so far ahead, he just did Language Arts today.   I think that made his day a lot better.  He still didn't finish until after lunch though.

Abigail on the other hand was lucky she was not put to death by me.  She did not complete her work until 9:00 pm.  I AM NOT THRILLED!!!!  We will definitely change things around next week.  Not quite sure what went South this week.  I have been giving her more independence, per her request, and the last two weeks went good.  Smooth even.  This week... not so much.   I kept checking in and reminding so as to not be too much of a nag and appear as though I was trying to control.   But she just wouldn't listen to me.  When she found out that we have a day out planned for Saturday.  And if she was not done with her school work she would have to stay at home and complete the work.   Oh boy did the tears start then.  She was hoping that this lady would cave and say it was all okay.  FAT chance on that one.  While she did complete all the work, there are multiple areas that need to be revisited.  So not looking forward to next week.  She will have all new work plus these make ups!!!  Oh summer vacation, my long awaited friend, where art thou?

Would love to have any ideas and input as to what I can do to keep her on track. 

I would like to end with - Thank you, eldest for doing what you are suppose to do and for listening to a ranting mommy!!  I love you, son! (and thanks for not crying!)

1 comment:

  1. That girl just has some serious Spring Fever Kickin' In!! Hopefully you don't kick her butt before her school gets done though!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures