Monday, May 17, 2010

Recap

The weekend goes far too quickly.  I know I am not alone in this feeling.   My children remind every Sunday evening at bed time.  The whine is on big-time then.   We are still plugging away with school.  I think that is a huge part of the problem.  I only hope they can focus and finish!!!

Anyway, the weekend was spent with some relaxation.  On Sunday, I attended the memorial/celebration for Matt.  (He is the one I wrote about in the Sadness post.)   The reception line was to be from 2-5 pm.  Basically that meant that family and friends could pay their respects to the family during that time.  When we arrived at 4:00p the line was very very long.  And let me just say it stayed long.  So much so that they were not able to start the celebration service until 6 pm.  The family did an amazing job at allowing the people a glimpse into Matt's life.  There were poster boards with pictures of him on it.  Each board has a separate them.  Such as friend, uncle, brother, son, grandson, love!!!   It was a great way to "meet" him.  I never had the opportunity to meet him in person but I know of his character from the way Jaide, my niece, spoke of him.   There were plenty of stories heard about who is was.  He will deeply be missed by those that knew him and loved him.  

1 comment:

  1. I am sure that was a hard day to get through with the service. I hope you had a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures