Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weekend Woes

The weekend brought us lots of snow.  (Just like everyone else.)  I awoke early on Friday to get out to the grocery store.  I waited and waited and waited until we really needed groceries.  But then realized that the stores would be packed with all the impending snow.   Up and out by 8:45 am.  And let me just say how very glad I am that I did it that early.  As for the crowds, it wasn't too bad.   And they had just about every other cashier open, so I was able to check out very quickly.   Leaving the parking lot was quite another experience.  They were crazy about finding spots!
I became my Mom that day when I visited two grocery stores.   I never did understand why she did that.  I know it was in effort to save money but I am not one to shop so I like one-stop shopping.  Anyway,  I did not care for the meats at the first store, so I ventured out to the second one.   Much much better.  And let me say that they were not as crowded as the first store.  I was ecstatic.
I arrived home about 10:30.   The children all helped unload the car and Josh was a big helper in putting all the groceries away.
We had some plans for the evening and we were wondering if they were to be cancelled due to the snow.  It was set to begin here about 4 pm.  Then it was 7 pm.  Then it was 10 pm.  Finally at 11 pm the snow arrived.  But due to the fact that they thought it was going to get bad fast all our plans were cancelled.
Saturday was snow, snow, and more snow.  We pretty much all stayed indoors and watched from the comfort of the couch.  We were a little bummed as we did have plans to get out and visit with our bestest of friends and were unable.   There were some very unhappy people in this household.  I was waiting for the coup.   (I understand there was unhappiness in the other household as well.  As a matter of fact we came up with a code word in the event there was some need of rescuing.)
Sunday brought church (and it was good) and visiting with my family.   My Dad's sister and her family were in town from Florida and we have not seen them in years so we went over there and stayed and watched the Superbowl.  Well at least until half time.  We were exhausted.  It was a great time of visiting with family.  As usual.   But very sad that our weekend went waaaaaay too fast and not as we had hoped.

The crowd watching the game. Abs with Chocolate (on floor)
Uncle Tom, Bethany, Uncle Frank, Aunt Dee, and Stephen.

My crazy Mom taunting my Dad about the Saints.
You see she likes to choose opposite him to make it more
fun to watch.  He chose Saints.  She came in singing.
"Oh when those Saints go marching home!"
(It was before the game began.)

That is my Aunt Liz behind Abigail.  Her daughter
Bethany is in the pink pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2023 in Pictures