Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ugh, Shopping

I really do not enjoy shopping. Admittedly there can be brief moments that it is okay. But shopping at Christmas time is a chore. I usually prefer to shop online and they get delivered either right to my door or recipients door. Easy peasy. But due to our trip away I was unable to get all things completed online. Sooooo I had to go out. I was out shopping for over 4 hours yesterday and I am sad to say that I am not done. :( I only have 2 more stops today besides grocery shopping for the weekend.

I was a bit of a scrooge yesterday as I was waiting in line. You see there was a woman who had to exchange some clothes and she wanted the cashier to help her locate them. The lady behind the counter said it was not possible as she has a line of customers waiting. She did get very uppity with the woman. Anyway before shopper walked off to located items to exchange she asked if she had to wait back in line and the cashier said yes!!! The shopper got very indignant - she was very loud and had caused people to stare. The saleslady told her to ask the line of people and two said to go to the back. I just sat silent. I know I should have blessed that woman by allowing her to go in front of me but I was not in the mood. Having worked retail for many many years I know that the saleslady would have been kinder if the shopper lady was kinder. Today as I go out I do pray I can be a blessing to those I come in contact with. I must remember that Jesus is the reason for the season!!!!

PS - I know I know, Israel pictures are coming. It takes a lot to go through thousands of pictures!!!
Thanks for your patience.

3 comments:

  1. Everyone is so uptight and cranky in the stores! It really ruins any spark of holiday joy that you might be feeling. The last time something like that happened to me, I started humming Hark the Herald Angels Sing, loudly and smiling...it annoyed the cranky people but the lady behind me said "I like your attitude!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last few days are tough!!! You would think people would get nicer the closer to Christmas, but they do get kinda cranky!
    I hope your last 2 stops go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went shopping the day AFTER CHRISTmas....not much more to say except for teenage center. and crowd-ed. times fourteen

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures