Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Book club delight

This is our second month of book club and it is going well. The idea was originally to be for older boys 10+, but since we have younger siblings we decided to have them listen in on the family read and then they can have their own group. The other decision was to go through the entire Narnia series. We are taking the books chronologically as opposed to when written. We have finished the first two. Next, we read A Horse and His Boy!

So we break into two groups and have two separate discussions during the 1 1/2 hours. Afterwards we have some time to fellowship and eat snacks. Today was my turn for snacks. The other Mom's got the idea to have Turkish Delight (Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe). There was a recipe I found and ventured a try. I failed! I am determined though, so next time I will try again. The kids did not know until today so hopefully all will go okay once I try again! I did also have other snacks with me.

1 comment:

  1. Casey is reading the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe so when you get the recipe figured out let me know I would love to make some!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures