Thursday, July 16, 2009

Farewell to my Sandals

I have been packing a little each day since we arrived back here. Doing any where from 3-8 boxes as well as weeding out unwanted items. Let me just say how tired I am at the end of the day. This body cannot handle all that physical labor.

Here in Ohio we live less than 2 miles from the Columbus Zoo and Waterpark. Yes you read that correctly. A few years ago they bought the lease back from Six Flags because the city needed to change the roads. The new road chopped off some of the park. So the city decided to buy back the lease and shuffle the zoo and waterpark area. We have been season passers for 4 years. (minus the year they were renovating). I figured that we too would join as we will be here until the end of the month and it would be great incentive to get the children motivated to work.

On Tuesday we met some friends there to hang out all day. And hang out all day we did. (Except for Stephen and his friend whose Mom came and picked them up at 2 pm.) It was very very crowded as it was Kroger appreciation day!! Joshua got hurt twice, Julia got run over in the lazy river, we couldn't find Abigail and Julia for 30 minutes, the lines were very long for the rides, and the grand finale... my sandals were TAKEN!!!!! These sandals have been with me for 5 years and they are extremely comfortable. I use them a lot! And Land's End no longer makes them!! WWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH!! I walked the entire park looking for those babies. Even stopped by lost and found, twice! I plan on stopping again on our next visit, as they keep items for a week. I had to walk to the yucky parking lot barefoot. I was none too happy. The very puzzling side is why my sandals?! Why not the others?! Why not a beach bag that has money and such?! Crazy!!!! In my hopes and dreams I find them. That somehow they got kicked or someone was playing a prank and a staffer found them and they are waiting for me. Hey, don't judge me. Let's see your reaction when something you love, and can no longer find, gets taken!

As of late I have been rethinking some of my decisions.

2 comments:

  1. I hope they show up when you go back......let's pray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT? Someone stole your shoes??? People are crazy, I tell ya! Sorry about your loss. Sometimes the smallest little things like that smart the most ;)

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures