Monday, July 20, 2009

Down by the Bay

Zoombezi Bay that is!! Yes, we headed over to the waterpark as our good friends the Loeffler's could meet us and we have such fun together. I knew with the PODS coming later in the week today was the day for the relaxing and socializing.

We had a great day. It did start slow for us but we got there only an hour after it opened and stayed until 4:00 pm. At first we were concerned that Stephen would not be able to join us as I totally spaced on his dog sitting responsibilities but another neighbor girl was available to help out at the noon hour and all was good.

It was how I remembered our days at the waterpark. No where near as crowded as last week. All lines were very manageable and the lazy river was enjoyable. Not too many bumps from the people on the tubes.

Since they hand out a coupon book when you leave we decided to go out to dinner at City BBQ. This place is or was one of the places we loved to go to. Not so much tonight. I left there having an allergic reaction. Lots of stomach issues. Stephen had some stomach issues too and Abigail did not really care for her food. So not worth the money even after the coupon!

The doggie sitting is getting to be a bit much for Stephen. I should really say the whole of the job is a bit much. He has phoned me at least once every day about one thing or another. (And he just started on Friday evening.) Today's dilemma - 2 things actually: 1. Misty got into the cat food bag. Ripped it to shreds (we have no idea how much she ate). 2. She pooped in the basement. (no doubt from aforementioned food eating.) I mentioned to Stephen that I expect some type of payment for all the help I have been giving him! :) He did not take that too well! I felt bad because he did seem a little upset about the whole situation. He blames himself for Misty's actions.

I bet packing and loading boxes doesn't look so bad to him about now. Oh wait, he gets to do just that over the next few days!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I need to hear all about this new job in the morning, and the allergic reation. I do hope you are feeling better! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures