Monday, July 6, 2009

Camp and a sleepover?!

Miss Abigail headed off to camp this morning.  A camp right up her alley.  All about organic farming.  Yes, she will be there the entire week from 8:30-4:00.   Then she will be sleeping over at her Grandparents house (Bill's parents)!!!  They live only 6 miles from the farm she will be at so my Mom-in-law said she would take her for some of the days.  Well today she said she could stay all week.  I will be shocked and surprised if that occurs.  Why? Because my daughter can be a handful and Bill's parents have not had a young one around in a loooooong time.  I mean Mike is 28 years old!!!   They do watch my niece Julia but she is only 20 months old, very different from my Abs!!!   

I am a little sad as I will not be able to see the excitement on her face upon pickup!!!  But, she really wanted to sleep over and I didn't have the heart to say no!!!!  My babies are growing up and I am not ready for this!

Stephen really wanted to attend a missions trip that our church goes on every year to a town called Coatsville.  It is in PA only about 1 1/2 hours from here but I was not ready for that.  I said NO and made up all kinds of excuses.  Well yesterday they departed and he was a little bummed as two of his closer friends were going.  :(  As bad as I felt, I also know I would have not made it the week without him.   He is currently spending some time with my parents.  So yup, you guessed it, we only have Joshua!   

You can judge me later, but just wait until they want to venture away from you and you're not ready for it!!!    I am preparing myself for next summer when the youth group goes to Belize.  Another whole country!!  AHHHH!  I think I may have to chaperone that one!  LOL!  Believe me it has nothing to do with the people who go!  I trust them explicitly.   It is my crazy thoughts that I must know ALL things in my child's life.  (Oh boy am I a head case!)  I like to experience things with them and see their reactions, thoughts, and concerns.   It is a good thing I only had 3!  I couldn't imagine trying to keep more with me for as long as possible.   


2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how Stephen feels!! I wanted to go on a mission trip soooooo badly, had the money and everything! But Mom said no...maybe next year.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not a loony, I am with ya on this.....Tana says it all above!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures