Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Wedding

I had to get out of the house early as I needed to exchange my dress. Yup, last minute Annie here, went shopping Friday afternoon and did not try on dress. Well Saturday morning "fitting" revealed an improper fit. I dashed out the door to exchange. The store did not have the dress in the size I needed. That meant more shopping and yes trying on of dresses. Five or six dresses later I was able to leave the store with one in hand. The upside to this is that the second dress is cheaper and lots more comfortable. The downside is that is more of a plain Jane dress. Oh, well!! I will be comfortable though. On my outing Friday I was able to procure a beautiful, sexy, and comfortable pair of heels.

Off to the grocery store after shopping to get some breakfast goodies. Back home to make the breakfast. Then showers all around. Dressed and out the door.

Since the church was a 2:00 p start we had to leave here right in the midst of lunch time. We has some hungry folks. I threw some bars, crackers, and apples into a bag for us to eat on the way.

Ceremony was funny. That Father-in-law of mine is a real comic. He is a deacon so he helped officiate the wedding ceremony. We were laughing, so was the happy couple.




Well the wedding has finally arrived. They have been engaged for over a year - come to think of it it might even be closer to two!


With Bill in the wedding and 3 hours between ceremony and reception, my Mother-in-law gave me the key to their hotel room. We had packed the kids' bathing suits and used their room to change and play poolside. It was the best way for us to use our time. We had the hotel pool all to ourselves for 1 1/2 hours. (We chose not to stay at the hotel as we only live 45 minutes away.)

At 6:00pm, the cocktail hour began. This was extremely helpful for my hungry crew. They had a pasta station, cheese, and some fruit. As well as servers walking around with all sorts of goodies. 7:00pm was the start of the reception and more eating. The dinner was a buffet which had roast beef, chicken, and salmon; roasted veggies, carrots, and salad. Lots and lots of food - I am certain I gained lots of weight. (Hopefully all the dancing took it off!)



My children were danceaholics. Especially Joshua, he was so funny and adorable to watch him "cuttin a rug". He would just go up there by himself and dance away. I think I need to call him the dance machine. The DJ did this game for someone from each table to take home the centerpiece. Well, I won!! I had to do some crazy dance with the other table winners. It was fun! and embarrassing all rolled into one!

It really was a great time and we were happy we got to visit with family that we don't get to see too much. I am very happy to say I have another sister-in-law, she is a hoot!

1 comment:

  1. Don't ya just love a good wedding!? So glad you all had a good time, especially your little dancing machine!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures