Saturday, March 7, 2009

Basketball, Awana, and great weather

Today marked the finale of basketball for Stephen, the AWANA grand prix for Abigail, and gorgeous weather for all.  Since both things occurred at the same time it meant that I did not get to see Abigail race her car.  Bill and Joshua went with her.  I was off with Stephen.  Stephen's team ended up tied for first place.  Let me just say it was a nail biter. Double overtime!!!!  I really was surprised they pulled out the win.  Truthfully there were some funky calls by the refs, but I do believe it benefitted both teams at various times.  Loads of shots were hitting the rim, even swirling around the rim but would not sink.  It was not a high scoring game, they never are, but it was a good defensive game.  It was nice for Stephen to have my parents in the stands routing him on.  Thanks Grandma and Pop-pop.  
  
Team getting ready. Stephen on defense.

 
Stephen with yellow stripe       Team photo after win!
on shorts.




Abigail did not receive any trophies this year but she did have fun and got a blue ribbon for participation.  Way to go Abigail.  Let me just say that she gets no help from us.  Part of that is because she doesn't want help!  She likes to do things by herself.  
Abigail's Zebra Awana Car

1 comment:

2023 in Pictures