Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Beach

We really enjoy going to the beach in this family.  So it can be somewhat annoying for me to head to the Jersey beaches due to parking and payment.  But when Jenn told me about this "island" that lets only so many cars on and you can go swimming, I knew I had to try it.   Well she took me and the kids earlier and I was hooked.  I mentioned to my Mom last week that we should go to the beach.  But it is a farther drive than we had gone to last year, however, I knew she would like this beach.  I was told we needed to get there early as they can close it.  I did not want that to occur so we planned on an early day.   She was up for it and was able to get my niece Jaide as well.  And then we also invited Allison (my brother Kevin's girlfriend).  Allie is always up for the beach!

They arrived at my house by 7:40 am.  We needed to transfer all the beach stuff from their car to mine.  They were worried we couldn't fit it all, but my trusty Odyssey pulled through.  We did need to use the rack on top for the chairs.  So we were off by 8:38 am.  I was a little concerned as we did hit some rush hour traffic but once we got by all that we were sailing.  We made it to the beach parking lot before 10 a.  It was an easy and nice drive.  As we were unloading all the stuff to take onto the beach, Stephen made a comment as to how much stuff we brought.  My family tends to make sure we have enough - for an army. 

By 11:30 a Stephen was saying he was bored.  I thought about a friend for him but I really had nooooo room.   Things did get a little bit better.  Allie shared some french fries and lemonade with him.  She even went into the water with him (and the others).  And he did not ask again until 3 ish.  The next 2 hours went pretty quickly.   We started leaving about 5ish and we were on the road by 5:30 pm.  We stopped at a Wendy's for dinner.  Big mistake.  The girl behind the counter was extremely confused by our order.  We had to wait a bit.  Once all was done we were on the road again by 6:50 p.  Pulled into my house by 7:45p.  Did all the transferring again.  And they were on the road by 8:10 p.
All-in-all a great day!!!  So great my Mom wants to go again!!  

My mom!
Jaide, Josh, and Abs
My mom had just fallen and Allie was helping her up. We were cracking up.

This is our spot!  


The car

Here is what we looked like drivng down the highway.

1 comment:

  1. It does look like you were leaving for a week! The pictures look like it was worth it though!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures