Thursday, June 24, 2010

Making it Ours

The daunting yet exciting task of unpacking and making this place ours has been both rewarding and exhausting!  

The many remarks from the children about working "so hard" or "when will we be done" have had me chuckling.   While I do require them to pitch in and help, they have not done anything yet.  When those PODS start arriving the real work will begin.   I am not saying they are not working, oh they are, but I know what went into those PODS and I know what must come out of them!  

Some of the things they have done:  unpacked books and put them on shelves, unpacked their clothes and put them away, unpacked toys and put them in big closet in basement, put away the Wii and xbox games, unpacked the pantry box, unpacked cups, etc.   I know I should have taken some photos but I was busy right along side them.  I will try to remember to take some over the next few weeks!  

When all the problems arose with the PODS I was a little annoyed.  Prayed and God showed me that spacing them out is better.  I know me and I would work hard to accomplish emptying them.  The scattering will allow us time to rest before we need to attack the next set.   After staying in the apartment for 2 years, I really want to be IN!

The children enjoyed playing basketball today, kicking a beach ball in the yard (it was windy which made it very fun), and climbing our trees!!!  Even though it was hot out there today, they still managed to play outside!!

We are happy!  Thank you, Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Casey was chatting on facebook with Casey and i got to see some of the pics he took of the house. It looked like lots was getting done!! I love the built-in bookshelves BTW. And the kitchen....LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures