Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Visit to the House

Friday was the inspection at the house we are in contract with.  I thought it would be a great time to take the children over to see the house as they have yet to do so.   I knew it was going to take a long time and that there would be some boredom there.  Boy was I ever right.  2 hours later we were able to go out to get some much needed food!!!

We did have the opportunity to see and hear some children playing at some of the neighboring homes.  Stephen did not see or hear anyone his age and he is a bit concerned.  I kept trying to encourage him by reminding him that it was a beautiful Friday night, so I am sure there were some baseball games being played and perhaps they were out at those.  (nudge nudge wink wink)  Here's hoping and praying!!!!

I also reminded him that since he will be heading out to a brick and mortar next year he really didn't need friends right next door.  He will be making some soon enough.  (I really do hope it is soon!)

The house was in great shape per the inspector.   A very few minor details that will need to be addressed.  But it was a great time for me to visualize where we would put our things once we move in.  The boys were deciding which room they wanted.  Stephen is the decider there.  I gave him carte blanche, being the oldest and all.  I think we have it settled!!  

My challenge will be to see where all our furniture will fit!   We were able to have such large oversized furniture in Ohio, that I am concerned about size and location of said furniture.   I guess I could always sell or give what we have away and then buy new.  ;}  

As for the color scheme.  I really like most of it.   There will have to be some changes which I am none too thrilled as I am not a fan of painting.  May have to recruit my good friend Heather.   She painted two of my rooms in Ohio!!!   A great way to get her to come and visit!   BTW - she is an amazing painter.   I must say,  I didn't know that a nonprofessional could do such a great job!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! All the planning and decorating, a headache that is a long time coming! I am SO happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures