Saturday, January 23, 2010

Something New

All week I have been working on helping the homeschool sports team with the website.  Well mostly I have been updating it so that we can generate business a.k.a. money for the team.  One Mom worked hard at getting the information from the affiliates and then asked for someone to put it out there for people to see.  So I volunteered.  It is not hard work to do but it is time consuming as each affiliate has different procedures and such when placing the links on the website.   I actually enjoy doing it!  It has been a lot of fun trying to figure out what to use and where to place it for the best traffic and such.  This is a way for the team to make money.  What do we need money for you ask?  Well the fee is high and we are trying to minimize the cost.  The rental fees are high too.  You see we don't have a gym that we call our own so we get charged money!   The uniforms cost money.   The plus side is that baseball is run by the same organization so my hope is to be able to cut that cost too!!   While we are very excited about Stephen playing in this league, it has been a challenge due to all the driving (and the cost).  So I too decided to see if there was a way to add it here.    As you can see by the Amazon link off to the side, I was able to do just that.  You just need to click from here and you get on the Amazon site.  It just has the teams special code imbedded to earn the moneys from your purchases.   You do nothing different.   I have also spent some time emailing lots so people are aware of this.  So my apologies if this information is redundant.  But saving money is what I like to do.
Just a warning there will be more as we get closer to Stephen going to Belize as that too costs money.  I would like to say that we love all of you and understand completely if you are unable to help financially. Another way to help is by praying!   We covet those prayers!  This new stage in our life is a change that we were unaware of but walking in faith that the Lord will honor and bless us!

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, Casey's baseball team does alot of the same things. We are getting ready for a mulch fundraiser. I do like your Amazon lightning deals link. They sure have some good sales!!

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures