Sunday, August 23, 2009

Missionaries from Brazil

Today at church we had both the privilege and honor to have guests from Brazil.   A family from our church went on a mission trip to Brazil back in July and the Pastor and his wife came back with them for them to share with our church all that occurred there.  It was so touching to hear all the places they went and all the people lives they touched with the hand of God!

Pastor Sergio only speaks Portuguese so Romy had to translate.   It was great and it really touched my heart.    I don't feel a calling to be a missionary but I would love to support one.  I did about 6 years ago for a full year.  Anyway, Pastor spoke on the heart and how God changed his and called him into the mission field.   They work with the Wai-Wai tribe and also with people who live in the slums.  He is also a teacher at the seminary there.  Truly moving!    

I left there thinking all day about how my heart needs to be touched by God.   I am not saying that I expect the same kind of touching but I know that I just need to give Jesus more of me and my time and wonderful amazing things will occur.   I will be praying this for myself and for all of my friends and family.   Just imagine how wonderful our lives will be! 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent prayers for us all. God can use us in any place. Sometimes we just need to quiet our hearts enough to listen to what He wants for us. I will be praying for you too!

    At our service some missionaries that our church supports came to speak yesterday too. It really is cool to hear how God does big and small things through others. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

2023 in Pictures